Does your deck cover your pump?

tamaralemus

Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
Port Neches, TX
We are considering building a deck, probably around 1/2 of the pool, and the place it makes the most sense is on the side near our house. BUT, this is where the inlet and outlet connections are, and the pump. Is there a way to kind of lengthen the hoses so you can move the pump farther around the other side of the pool to clean the filters, etc? I know there is still the possibility of leaks, etc, that we need to be able to get to the connections on the actual pool, and will make sure the supports and such leave a way to hunch down and get to them under the deck, but I just can't see doing that on a regular basis. We have this pump 2500 Gal Filter Pump (120v) - Intex with the normal hoses it comes with, I think around 4-5 feet long. We have them connected to these plunger/valves so we can close them off when opening and cleaning the pump filter. Amazon.com : Set of 2 Intex Large Pool Plunger Valves w/ Pool Fittings (Includes 2 Plunger Valves, 1 Fitting w/ Strainer Garden

Do you think if I buy extra hoses for the pump that we can somehow connect the 2 hoses together to lengthen the distance from the valve to the pump? Also considering replacing our Intex surface skimmer that connects to the pool outlet with Hayward or some other wide skimmer, which I'm assuming will have different connections to either the pool outlet, or would have it's own outlet that I would somehow need to connect to the pump. Maybe the "universal" hose this would use could be lengthened?

Ideas?

yes you can :) if it were me I would hard pipe you connections, it makes it so much better install and less issues.. here are a couple pics from my install of an intex pool.. it is easier than you think to do, lowes has everything you need :)

GPTVPJ0h.jpg

nyMiMIFh.jpg

kFIqT0zh.jpg

GMigqNih.jpg

8FMxyP2h.jpg

Thanks for the input. I talked to the hubby about it and he said nope, we are just putting it on the other side, lol. He's totally not a do-it-yourself'er, and I'm the primary caretaker of the pool (since I'm the one that wanted it, lol). I have yet to try my hand on doing any PVC or hard piping projects, but one day I may get brave and do it....It really can't be all that hard, with ALL of the people here that have done it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.