Just found this site and have question about opening a small pool this year.

Apr 19, 2016
Greencastle,PA
Hello, this is our 4th year with a small intex pool. In the beginning we actually just threw away the pool at the end of the year. Last year we got a 12x30" intex pool with metal frame instead of the soft ones. I have always used the BBB method and have had good results. Last year my daughter turned our hose on and let the water overflow in the pool for hours. We have a well and by the time we noticed it the water was brown. It had pulled up tons of sediment. We had kept one of the old pumps from the older pools and my hubby rigged up the pool with 2 filters to try to clear it up. It took me about 3 weeks of vacuuming and changing the filter almost every other day to get it mostly clear. Finally it was mostly clear and all that was left after swimming in it we'd get a tiny bit that would settle down at the bottom but not enough that kept us out of the pool. I had planned on taking it down and getting a new one this year but my father had a surgery from colon cancer and almost died on the table and I spent weeks and weeks with him caring etc... So the pool stayed. My hubby drained it at some point but never did anything else with it. We got tons of snow etc. and rain and the pool is about 1/2 full right now...still standing much to my surprise. I got to thinking that instead of getting a new one maybe I could try to salvage this one???? Am I crazy? Would this be possible if I bought a better pump/filter? I don't think the pump that came with it would be able to do anything to it and the one pump did break at the end of the summer so I couldn't do the double pump thing again. If this would be possible what pump should I look at getting? I know you can get one that can be too strong but the ones that come with these little pools are pretty pathetic. I figured if I could get a descent pump and shock it and then start vacuuming it I may have a chance. What do you all think? Yah or nah? and if yah...what intex pump would you suggest for the 12x30" pool that would be strong enough to get it clean?

TIA!!!
Tanya
Greencastle, PA (PA/MD border)

Tanya, many folks have upgraded their Intex pools with a modest pump/filter (even SWG) all-in-one system. THIS PAGE shows you just some examples. But before you invest, or as you try to decide about keeping the pool, I would suggest taking a few minutes to visit the TFP Pool School page (home screen or link below in my sig). Try to get a good basic understanding of what is required on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. Once a pool is cleaned and balanced, it's usually nothing more than adding some liquid chlorine each day. Sweeping & vacuuming once a week or so. The absolute foundation of all pool ownership is having the right test kit. Most over the counter products don't have what you need, and pool store testing is usually inconsistent. Please see the TF-100 link below as well for more details. It's the best value out there.

But before you go too far it's best to know what you're up against. Read some of the pages you see linked below. It absolutely can be done! If you're ready and willing, let us know. We enjoy helping thousands of people like you clear their water to have a great summer at home. We'll be here if you have more questions.

Hoping this works but I can promise you... That is an easy salvage :)

In desperate need of advice (search for that and my name) .... The link went goofy

In desperate need of advice

Just had to say thank you (pics)
Just had to say thank you (pics)

That was my swamp salvage!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.