Apr 12, 2016
Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hope this is the place for this.. closest I could find.

I see a lot of stuff here about pool heaters, what about keeping the pool cool? We have a white fiberglass pool installed last spring, got the white on the advice from our installer so as to keep the pool cooler in the summer. BUT.. sometimes in the heat of the summer here in SC the pool feels like a hot tub..well a warm tub anyway. So last year I changed from running my filter during the day, to at night. I leave the slide on so the water flowing down it is somewhat cooled by the night air. Any other ideas on keeping these things cooler in the hot months?

Interesting, I have screw in "eyeball" jets that I can change flow direction with, I'll have to take one out and see what I can come up with I guess. Thanks
I discovered quite happily that a ½" PVC fitting is a snug friction fit inside my eyeballs. Once I jam a fitting in to give me a starting place, there's no limit to what I can create using PVC pipe.

I have one of these and it works very well for cooling the pool. Just make sure if you adjust it to spray really high if you get strong winds where you live the wind can push the water while in the air out the pool. Does that make since?

Basically at night when im not outside around the pool to watch I adjust it so the stream is very high.

Wayne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.