CH for IG Vinyl pool with fiberglass steps

gordiec

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 14, 2009
Huntsville, AL
I'm a new pool owner with a quick question regarding the correct CH level for vinyl pool with fiberglass steps. I've been ignoring the CH thinking it didn't matter with the vinyl pool, but saw a post the other day that reminded me of the steps.

My readings today (after 6" of rain this weekend) are:
FC = 5.5
CC = 0
pH = 7.6
CH = 110
TA = 70
CYA = 55
Salt = 3000 at the SWG & 3700 by strips (I'll be asking about that later...)

Thanks for your thoughts,
Gordon

Fiberglass can use some CH, though the reasons are not nearly as critical as the ones for plaster. You can help the fiberglass last a little longer and be less likely to stain if you raise the CH to the low end of the fiberglass pool recommended levels.

JasonLion said:
Fiberglass can use some CH, though the reasons are not nearly as critical as the ones for plaster. You can help the fiberglass last a little longer and be less likely to stain if you raise the CH to the low end of the fiberglass pool recommended levels.

Thanks Jason! I'll bring the CH level up right after this next batch of thunderstorms blow by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.