Bestway Salt water chlorinator hacking

Sep 1, 2014
Italy
58216_1.jpg

I would guess a lot of people in Europe with a small pool may have picked up one of these low cost SWGs over the past few years. Well I have two and one of the major things that annoys me about these things is that you cannot run it using an external battery backed timer and the built in timer resets if you have even a second of power loss (which happens a lot where I am) also the timer is about as basic as it gets so setting an actual time to come on requires you to turn it on at that time you want it to start.

So the easy fix to this is to have the system turn on when powered on, that would keep all the safety features of salt and flow detection and have a maximum time but you could control it with an external timer.

Anyway so Bestway don't want to you mess with the thing and wont provide details of how or if you can modify it to work off of an external timer so I have been trying to do some research myself.

I took the casing off and examined the control board to see if I could hack it to force it to turn on when powered up rather than having to press a button. Unfortunately it is not as easy as soldering the switch connectors to be permanently on as it is a pulse type switch so is looking for a quick pulse to perform the switch, otherwise is just repeatedly goes on and off.

So my electronics expertise is quite limited so I decided instead to see if I could track down a service manual or something. What I found is that the whole electronic part of the chlorinator is produced by a Chinese company called. Mobolo (http://www.mobolo.cn/offer/520649787118.html) so I have contacted them and am hoping they can either provide instructions on how to mod the board or maybe even a replacement board that does what I want as they seem reasonably inexpensive.

Anyway if anyone else has modded this system or can provide more information that could help me and others who want to make this system better please reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.