Auto message said I'm cursing

Apr 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
I'm trying to respond to a thread but I got an automated message that said it found a curse word in my post. Since I have no intention of cursing I re-read my desired post several times and cannot figure out what part the computer thinks is a curse word.

I'm trying to post a copy of what you sent me. I'm wondering if the " * " makes a difference ?? I'm not seeing anything that should have prevented you from posting.

You are doing great so far! There are 3 criteria listed in the SLAM procedure that you should meet before ending the SLAM.

1. CC is 0.5 or lower
2. You pass an OCLT (ie*overnight FC loss test*shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
3. The water is clear

If you don't meet all 3 criteria there is probably some algae hiding somewhere.

Posted OK for me. That's really confusing. Maybe you had a typo you didn't catch the first time you tried to post. Can you go back to the thread and try posting it again ??

Weird, what I sent you was a copy/paste of what I originally tried to post so I'm not sure what happened. I tried again without the * and it worked. Actually when I pasted it in the reply box the * were not visible on my screen but I deleted and retyped the space where they were and it let me post.

Thanks for the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aeh0603,

I'm still slightly confused by this as from what you're saying the error shouldn't have shown up? Can you please email me the message to [email protected] so I can take a look at this? There's likely something somewhere setup wrong.

Ha! I don't curse - well, rarely ;) but I get that message a lot - using words that I never dreamed would be considered curse words. :D

I got that message when I suggested someone clean all the cr@p out of the filter or something. Took me a while to figure out what was the offending word.

Welp, there's one that won't be usable much longer...:)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! I don't curse - well, rarely ;) but I get that message a lot - using words that I never dreamed would be considered curse words. :D

Yea, it's a little strict you might say. :oops:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.