First Results from Test Kit

Feb 22, 2016
Rockwall, TX
Test kit arrived today. Here are my first results. Keep in mind we had heavy rain yesterday and I had shocked the pool on Sat morning.
Also no CYA. The tube is cracked and leaks as fast as I can fill it. I have requested a new one.

FC 7.5
PH 7.8
CH 275
TA 100

Keep in mind this is a new pool. Water in the pool going on 4th week this week.

Thoughts?

Terry

Not bad. Make sure the pH goes no higher. If in doubt, have a friend compare the shades of red with you to make sure. Over 7.8 "no bueno". If your pH climbs too fast over a few days, you can let the acid continue to bring the TA down to 60-70. That may help hold the pH lower longer.

CYA is everything for sanitation and clear water. It tells us what your FC should be. So let us know when that arrives. When you post chlorine results, try to separate FC and CC so we know the difference.

Will do. The Chlorine test result was a 5. I am keeping an eye on PH. It is actually down a tad from my first test with the builder kit. Will likely have to add some acid at some point. I have the water feature off. With the rain and water feature did not want the PH to go higher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.