Intex 26 52 set up

Apr 18, 2016
Walterboro
Hey guys. New here.

I just leveled a pad and set the 26x52 ultra frame up.
Got it leveled and started filling. Found a slice near the bottom, called intex and they're shipping me a new liner. It'll be here friday. (I did patch and start to fill anyway. It didn't hold up [emoji23] )

So, I've ordered a Hayward wide mouth skimmer off amazon, a magnetic intex pool light and a creepy crawly auto vacuum.

I have the 2650gph 14" sand filter pump and the newer model intex swg. Used on my previous pool.

My dilemma is plumbing this thing. I had just hooked up everything on the pool I'd patched the way intex had originally designed.

I want to be able to use the two smaller inlets as well as a skimmer and have a valve on the skimmer and two inlets so I can alternate between 50/50 skim or 100% skimmer etc.

I've thought about doing the whole PVC thing, but I don't like the 40mm to 1 1/2" and hoses aren't really bothering me.

How would I add a third inlet where I can control them? I can add a pic later if you want

It looks like on the video that the skimmer is a single intake and the other two are returns.

What I'm trying to do is have 2 intakes + skimmer go to 1 return but I guess when the skimmer gets here I'll just figure it out. I just dislike having 2 intakes already on the pool then adding a skimmer I want to be able to control which intake gets what.

I might try and draw something out. But meanwhile I will take a picture and update you with what I'm working with

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

9797a662f490cdd7cebffc0615021bce.jpg

be366255aff5536baa3ab0a7e2e95f4c.jpg

I assume I will put the skimmer on top of the intex logo which is directly above where the pump is. I may put it to the right where the two intakes already are. It doesn't really matter to me.

Also I really am not too worried about doing the pvc. Although I will do it if I have to. I just don't want to sand a bunch of electrical conduit and hack good hoses up. If I can make do this summer.

But, if there is a 1 1/2" threaded pvc connector i can cut the original inlets, and I think the skimmer is 1 1/2" and the skimmer comes with a 1 1/2" eyeball rather than the 40mm intex it will be a lot easier to work with. I need to draw it to get a better idea. I wish intex was standard fittings

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

You can attach the 1.5" Intex hoses directly to sched 40 2" PCV threaded fitting. The threads are slightly different, so you'll need at least two 1/8" rubber washers to get it to seal off without leaking.

Here's what I'm currently rocking.

WP_20160417_18_12_34_Pro_zpscsevv5sq.jpg

Here are the rubber washers from Ace Hardware that I used - two of them stacked together at each connection between an Intex and a threaded 2" male PVC fitting. They are slightly too large in diameter. You can force them into the collar of the Intex hose and it'll work, but if you can find one with an OD 1/8" smaller it would be a better fit. Unfortunately, these were all I could find, so I had to make do. It doesn't leak.

temporary_zpspkdnokif.jpg

Where did you get the connector that connects the 2 intakes to the pump? I have a sand pump but my old pool only have 1 intake. just trying to get my sand pump hooked back up because the puymp that came with the pool is horrible. LOL..

Thanks-Tina

Hey guys. New here.

I just leveled a pad and set the 26x52 ultra frame up.
Got it leveled and started filling. Found a slice near the bottom, called intex and they're shipping me a new liner. It'll be here friday. (I did patch and start to fill anyway. It didn't hold up [emoji23] )

So, I've ordered a Hayward wide mouth skimmer off amazon, a magnetic intex pool light and a creepy crawly auto vacuum.

I have the 2650gph 14" sand filter pump and the newer model intex swg. Used on my previous pool.

My dilemma is plumbing this thing. I had just hooked up everything on the pool I'd patched the way intex had originally designed.

I want to be able to use the two smaller inlets as well as a skimmer and have a valve on the skimmer and two inlets so I can alternate between 50/50 skim or 100% skimmer etc.

I've thought about doing the whole PVC thing, but I don't like the 40mm to 1 1/2" and hoses aren't really bothering me.

How would I add a third inlet where I can control them? I can add a pic later if you want

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.