Moulding question, its damaged, will it hurt pool. (pics)

Apr 18, 2016
Mt Dora FL
I have a white plastic moulding between coping and tile. It is begining to chip, its an old pool and came with the house.

I do not know what it is, or what it does. Is it cosmetic? Is it crucial to maintaining my pool? If so is it an easy fix...it doesnt look like it. 20160418_171552.jpg 20160418_171619.jpg

The chips are mainly on one side, the side gets most sun.

Looks like a piece of trim moulding. For sure, it is not an easy fix. I think you need to live with it for now.

Changing the subject, what are those vertical openings (cracks) in the decking above that trim. When water enters there, where does it drain to?

Changing the subject, what are those vertical openings (cracks) in the decking above that trim. When water enters there, where does it drain to?

That seems to be part of the design of the deck? This is my first pool, so I appreciate all the tips. The water level NEVER gets that high, it is at its highest point in the first pic. It will lower itself to the point of the second pic in about 20 mins and then stay there.

Wont let me post a pic.

You can see an example of deck in the CYA post you were helping me with.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.