Anyone else have leaking actuated valves?

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I have a Pentair solar 3-way valve that is controlled by an Intermatic actuator.
What was a drip ever few seconds has not turned into a near constant stream out through the shaft area.

While doing pad maintenance, I took the valve apart (which looked fine), used a generous amount of silicone grease on the 2 shaft o-rings and put it all back together. Seemed to basically stop it at first ... until the actuator started moving again.

If I do not install the actuator, I have no leaks at all.

It almost seems like the actuator is not properly aligned and is putting sideways force on the shaft making it leak? :scratch:

The first Intermatic I got ended up having a crack internally, so the shaft would wobble and not hit the dip switches to stop the rotation. This is the replacement they sent me and wondering if there is just a design flaw with these.

Anyone else have a leaking valve problem with Intermatic actuators?
Are the more expensive actuators any better?

I have had small leaks out of my Pentair solar valve before and usually replacing the o-rings helps. But I have found that it sometimes takes a couple of tries before I can stop the leaks. I have Goldline actuators but as far as I can tell, they aren't the cause of the leaks. But I can see how a misalignment could possibly cause a leak.

They were leaking last year and I swapped the o-rings from an extra new valve ... did not seem to help.

AT one point I got the leak to slow down by loosening some of the screws, suppose I might just have to mess with it to see if I can get it to slow down.

Maybe I will see if I can get them to send me more o-rings, although nothing looks wrong with these.

Do you recall that there are supposed to be 2 o-rings with a plastic c-ring between them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.