Pool store using Waterlink device for chemical levels - is there a consumer option?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My pool store just started using the waterlink device this year, I have my own test kit and stirrer but I hate checking for CYA since I'm never sure if in doing it right, leaves too much room for interpretation.

Anyhow the Waterlink was really cool, they just used a syringe to place my water sample in this disposable cylinder and it then spit out a paper with the current chemical readings, although I was surprised that it couldn't do salt levels and they still did that the old fashioned way.

Anyhow, what is the general opinion on it an do they make an affordable consumer version? Or any other competing product at the consumer level that does the same thing + salt?

Thanks

If you're not comfortable with the CYA test, you could order the 50ppm test solution from TFTestkits.net Use that to tune your testing procedure and environment. Once you get comfortable with seeing the 50ppm level. Use the same testing environment to test your pool water.

I trust the digital water testers at the pool store less than I trust the teenager squeezing in drops :mrgreen:
That makes two of us.

If you feel you need to work on your testing skills then get the Standard Solution pabeader mentioned, but if you aren't having algae issues then that tells me you are probably doing a decent job at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.