Is my pool builder lying to me?

New to these forums and hoping someone can help me.

This is our 2nd opening of a new pool built summer 2015. it's a salt water pool with a Jandy Aqua Pure system.

Last year when we closed the pool, the Jandy system "Service" indicator was on, and when I tried to check the salinity I got an error code of H.H on the panel. The guy closing the pool said don't worry about it, we'll deal with it upon opening in the spring.

So spring is here and my pool was opened about 2 weeks ago. Error code right where we left it. Now the pool builder (who is servicing the pool and opened it) is saying that the error code is only there because the water is cold. He said it would stop once the pool hit 60 degrees or so.

Well, we've always opened cold and early and never saw that before. Now after a few hot days the pool is up to 72 degrees and error codes still there.

Is this normal or do I need to push them and come take care of it? Thank you.

I've been using a SWG for 5 or 6 years, and I did not know this. I opened up my pool much earlier than usual this year. I haven't even thrown in the thermometer yet, but I'd be very surprised if it's over 60 yet. We are still getting down into the 40's overnight.

Anyway, my FC was 6 ppm yesterday and my SWG is bubbling, so I thought it was working. Some of the chlorine may be left over from last year though. I got it up to SLAM levels before closing it up last fall.

Good info. I'll keep a close watch on it, thanks!

At 70+ degrees, it's not an error due to low temperatures. Many SWGs struggle around 60 degrees, but they should all work at 70+. Needs attention from them, especially if it's under warranty.

Yeah, this error code came up in the fall when the pool was still at 75 degrees...and the pool has dropped many times and never saw this error code. We are still under warranty. They just keep telling me, "wait until it's warmer"...

Certainly sounds like you're getting the run-around from them. I would try giving Pool Supply World (an online vendor that usually has great support) at 1-800-772-0467. They may have a tech on staff that can point you in the right direction or give you some ammo to fire back at your builder with. You could also try to contact Jandy directly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.