Wet Edge Luna Quartz vs Primera Stone

Mar 2, 2016
New Orleans
So some of you may have seen my other posts - ongoing saga of deciding what Wet Edge finish to go with. I like the pebble finishes (e.g. Satin Matrix, which our plasterer happened to be running a special on), but my wife detests them, so those are out. So we had pretty much settled on Luna Quartz - we really like Pacific or Aruba, trying to figure out which of those would work better for us.

Now the latest wrinkle is that I found out that the upcharge on Primera Stone is much less than I thought, at least for one of the finishes (only about $1k more than Luna Quartz), so now I am considering that. The wife is still skeptical, but I tell her we have to at least consider it (my understanding is it's a far superior product - but then again, I saw one thing that said someone said it stains, but who knows).

So very interested in any thoughts re Luna Quartz vs Primera Stone - the quality of the product, and also any input re color choice (we want something in the true blue range, probably on the medium darker side, just trying to figure out how it's all going to work with our surroundings - we have a lot of green around the pool). I'll try to upload a picture of the pool as well, in case that helps

Thanks much in advance for any input!

Wow, this could not possibly have been more annoying. I have spent literally an hour trying to add pics (and I am fairly computer savvy). Quickly hit my quota for the site (with just two pics), so then tried to add them from my Google Photos account and link to them, but seems to be no way whatsoever to do that. How do you all add your multiple pics? This is all I can do for now, but if there is some reasonable way to add more, I will do so. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160321_124738.jpg
    20160321_124738.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG-20160321-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160321-WA0000.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Yeah, I understand you can use Photo Bucket for that. It's just horribly annoying that I already upload all my pics to Google Photos, but there seems to be no way to get an IMG link through that. Hate the idea of having to upload them twice, but may have to resort to that.

No one has thoughts re finish??

If we could afford it we would go with the Primera stone. From what I read it seems to be the smoothest plaster Wet Edge offers and if it ever needs refinishing you just need to polish it. Check out their learning videos and it will help explain the different plasters and advantages.

We are in the same boat on finishes! Trying to decide between Primera Stone or Satin Matrix. I love the smoothness of the Primera but nervous about it because you just don't see it used very often, so concerned about experience of plaster crew with it/messing it up/not polishing it correctly etc.

When I talked to our PB's plaster guy and he said Primera Stone is the way to go. I love the look of the Satin Matrix (which is like Pebble Sheen) but my younger son's feet get so torn up in so many pools. The videos on WetEdge.com are very helpful. There is also a pool builder in Houston that has quite a few pictures of Primera Stone pools on houzz.com. I sent them a message and they were very helpful with response about Primera colors. (I wanted to get a third party opinion on Primera from someone not involved with our pool.)

Our neighbor has the Luna Quartz in Aruba and it's very pretty. Not too dark but not too light.

Right now we are leaning towards Primera Stone in either Tahoe Coast or Grigio Treasure. I need to decide asap. Good luck! These pool decisions are so hard! :)

My neighbor has Primera Stone and they love it. But they have had the pool for only a few months so far.

I thought that Primera Stone was a "new" finish, but surprisingly saw discussion posts about that going back to 2007 and 2008 on TFP.

Primera Stone reminded me of terrazzo floor - not sure if that's the look I want in a pool. I think I prefer the traditional pebble or newer glass beads look.

My PB brought over Wet Edge samples and I was surprised how much lighter the samples looked in person, than on the computer screen or even what I printed.

I think, whatever you do, please try to see a few pools with the finish you are finalizing on. Pictures often do not do justice to the finish.

- - - Updated - - -

If we could afford it we would go with the Primera stone. From what I read it seems to be the smoothest plaster Wet Edge offers and if it ever needs refinishing you just need to polish it. Check out their learning videos and it will help explain the different plasters and advantages.

Hoe much more is the upgrade to Primera Stone for your pool? We were quoted approximated 4K more from white mini pebble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So some of you may have seen my other posts - ongoing saga of deciding what Wet Edge finish to go with. I like the pebble finishes (e.g. Satin Matrix, which our plasterer happened to be running a special on), but my wife detests them, so those are out. So we had pretty much settled on Luna Quartz - we really like Pacific or Aruba, trying to figure out which of those would work better for us.

Now the latest wrinkle is that I found out that the upcharge on Primera Stone is much less than I thought, at least for one of the finishes (only about $1k more than Luna Quartz), so now I am considering that. The wife is still skeptical, but I tell her we have to at least consider it (my understanding is it's a far superior product - but then again, I saw one thing that said someone said it stains, but who knows).

So very interested in any thoughts re Luna Quartz vs Primera Stone - the quality of the product, and also any input re color choice (we want something in the true blue range, probably on the medium darker side, just trying to figure out how it's all going to work with our surroundings - we have a lot of green around the pool). I'll try to upload a picture of the pool as well, in case that helps

Thanks much in advance for any input!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! we did luna quartz. If you get bad plasterers that day, your pool will look like dog poop! We just got our replastered 2 weekends ago FINALLY. We have the pebble finish. it's still "curing" and the chems haven't been added. I will post a picture when it's actually BLUE

- - - Updated - - -

My neighbor has Primera Stone and they love it. But they have had the pool for only a few months so far.

I thought that Primera Stone was a "new" finish, but surprisingly saw discussion posts about that going back to 2007 and 2008 on TFP.

Primera Stone reminded me of terrazzo floor - not sure if that's the look I want in a pool. I think I prefer the traditional pebble or newer glass beads look.

My PB brought over Wet Edge samples and I was surprised how much lighter the samples looked in person, than on the computer screen or even what I printed.

I think, whatever you do, please try to see a few pools with the finish you are finalizing on. Pictures often do not do justice to the finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoe much more is the upgrade to Primera Stone for your pool? We were quoted approximated 4K more from white mini pebble.

I agree - go see the pools with that finish. I couldn't get really good pics of how bad my plaster looked. I tried.

I read that about Luna Quartz - the darker colors have significant mottling / streaks and color variations.

Wet Edge calls it a piece of art. Your pool will be unique...lol

I want the plain ol' uniform finish please!! No faux finish artwork for me...thank you very much...lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I had the same question, DMS.

Thanks to all for the responses. Unfortunately, there is zero chance that we are going to be able to see any Primera Stone pools - there is only one Wet Edge installer here, so there's not a ton of it, and the closest pools with Primera are three hours away!

My wife really likes a smooth finish, so she's digging the Primera. She doesn't love the look, but I think it's pretty cool. Now we just have to figure out the color, and see if the one we like is only that small of an upgrade or more.

I do have some of the hesitations expressed - that it's not common around here, installers may not have a ton of experience, but seems to be a very good product, and seems like Wet Edge stands behind their products.

I had the same question, DMS.

Thanks to all for the responses. Unfortunately, there is zero chance that we are going to be able to see any Primera Stone pools - there is only one Wet Edge installer here, so there's not a ton of it, and the closest pools with Primera are three hours away!

My wife really likes a smooth finish, so she's digging the Primera. She doesn't love the look, but I think it's pretty cool. Now we just have to figure out the color, and see if the one we like is only that small of an upgrade or more.

I do have some of the hesitations expressed - that it's not common around here, installers may not have a ton of experience, but seems to be a very good product, and seems like Wet Edge stands behind their products.

Let us know what you decide on color! Only the 2 very light/white colors of Primera were level 1 with our builder so they priced our pool with level 2. Of course the color we like (Tahoe Coast) is level 3 so it will cost us $710 more. I wish there were more medium blue colors in it. I'm worried Tahoe Coast is too light, but I don't want to go too dark due to warm water temps we get here in Dallas. And I don't want too dark where it looks greenish.

I went with quartzscapes and love it. It reflexs like the pepple finishes but it's not hard on the feet at all. We went with a dark finish. I will say that the finish is only as good as the appliers. Quartzscapes comes with lifetime warranty if it's installed by a certified applier. NPT is the manufacture of the product and they have a showroom here in south Florida. I would try to see if there is a showroom in your area so you can look at all the finishes. And I know we went and talked to one of the mangers at NPT without the PB and he answered all our questions on the different finishes. It really helped us come to a informed decision.

Sbollag,
Did you decide of Primera Stone color? Turns out there is a pool builder 10 minutes from my house that has a pool at their showroom with 3 colors of Primera Stone in it! I may have chosen this builder if I'd known about them urgggh (My pool builder hasn't been able to give me a customer with it to go look at) I took some pictures and they are beautiful. I can try to post but not sure how, or send me a PM and i can email them to you. The colors were Tahoe Coast, Azure Treasure (only in spa) and sapphire treasure in a smaller spa-like area of the pool. It was so good to see in person rather than the pics on Wet Edge site.

On google photo linking:

instead of trying to use the google-link, open the photo in a new tab (or open just the photo and view it outside google+, not sure which browser you're using)
your link should start with something like https://lh3.googleusercontent.

Then uncheck the box to retrieve on the insert image dialog. Should be gtg.

xkZ7ja0ZLsSbdc2W65_Dh0N041s8XRxOmiMqP5AHfaL-8QYFVHeJ96ZnJoDt4JDMkxUxFsGEHmJLUQHrpjmILq_2p1lo-9_3VYf2macKRauSwy3HC7BZKYeQotegpTUsM6Tdn8FRDlkgBe6L1n8c0AKELUBhR_CpS0Em3RxdbGajKhm2g1JHEDbMMz9EitAPkPIuu8Tk32GePh_h1Ri_U-CwGXLybVzFUiPWEOk-hKlbRcMPFLvH3bej8GRbpKAvij6Ti0sW0NLLPTKQj9PJE99SCdYgyugxV0ue5x0lMdnn6kyTFL9oetwNcuyiUdNKrJfPTzlE1oRFKGA34OcvrbK49D-RIrnq-nOEwdYOxI1t1ql1LTyN-2umDEcN1IQkMG1I3Lc7uY1oU3DtsR1loHW47G02vncoU7FyZRLnLwy8QqXPAzR2RgO_wFrSMXyIUVB8tgIPjHNAFJE_xxVHYqdlMz-DjWERu7wxkw9TNcKaMFpG2EyDBCDKFrETMyxgbYMJndzgEYsluiuwR5d0okZ7kyYT17mR3URwGevuGg8SsIBgRVq7ip30wBPr0t2E_LGOzw=w1568-h882-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.