SLAMMING my swamp

bigdog12

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
SC
HELP!! My pool is a mess from overuse of chlorine tabs and not using liquid chlorine. I have lowered the CYA (from 100!!) level by filling/lowering the water level several times and I have had my SWG repaired. My question is, can I SLAM the pool and use the swg to keep my FC up (by the CYA tables, I need to keep it 20ppm for now) or should I turn off the swg and keep adding chlorine until the pool is clear? Also, while SLAMMING, should I leave the filter in the "filter" or "re-circulate" mode? Thanks. Your advice has never let me down and I appreciate you all!

Best to just leave the SWG off. It wasn't designed to keep that kind of pace. Leave your filter in filter mode as well. Backwash when it rises by 25%. Please review everything on the SLAM link below in my sig and you'll be fine. Just make sure you have a good (correct) CYA reading so you know what FC shock level to stay at 24/7 (CYA Chart link also below). Good luck!

Regarding the filter, if your pressure is rising the 20-25% over clean pressure requiring a backwash too fast and you are not around to do so, you can certainly run in Recirculate mode. You will have to filter it all out eventually though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.