New Hayward GLX-PCB-PRO Main installed....not displaying any salt or cell readings

lienkl

Apr 18, 2016
Panama City, FL
Recently installed Hayward GLX-PCB-PRO Main PCB Replacement for Hayward Goldline ProLogic Automation and Chlorination. When I turned everything on, there is no reading or setting for anything salt related at all. Just pool and air temp, and when the pump should come on/off.

The reason I replaced the board is because I was off high amp errors. I hade the cell tested and it was fine. Since the board was 8 years old, I figured I would replace it and see if that would solve the problem. As stated above, there is no reading or setting for anything salt related at all.

Any assistance is appreciated.

- Ken

Do you have the salt cell plug connected, flow sensor connected and enabled the SWG in the configuration menu? Those controllers are used for systems without SWGs so you have to enable the function.

The good news: You were absolutely right and I was able to enable the chlorinator.
The bad news: There is now a short in the cell being reported. This is the original problem i was having so replacing the board wasn't the answer. Will try some googling, but continued help is welcome. Thanks again for helping with the original

Did you replace the cell too? I hate to state the obvious but a short in the cell probably means the short is in the cell and not the main board.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had the cell tested a month or two back before I started the DIY route. They said it tested fine, but they were suprised because my system and all components were over 8 years old. So, as with the other items, since it is at the end of its normal life anyway, I will replace the cell today.

Thanks again for your help.

- Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.