How to drain pool

HouTX

Apr 13, 2015
Houston, TX
We have had 16" of rain in Houston and continuing. My overflow drain has managed to keep the water level about 1" from overflowing but a lot more rain is headed this direction. I have a full automated system and I have no idea how to drain the pool about 3", just to be safe and keep the yard debris out of. There is a hose bib connected to the system but I need your help in figuring out what the process is to drain the water some. Here is a blurry picture:

It looks like that hose bib is on the pump outlet. Hook a garden hose to it, trail it out where you want it to drain, and open the faucet. That bleeds off water before it even gets to the filter. If you have a way to isolate the main drain, draw the water from there. Otherwise, set an alarm clock so you can check the level periodically so you don't empty the skimmer and lose prime.

Given the amount of rainfall, I suspect the saltwater will get diluted enough not to do any damage. The ground is probably so saturated it will just run off. Still, if there's a way to send it off the the storm drains or the street, do it. It will keep your yard from looking like a rice paddy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.