Help with start up for swg vinyl ag pool

Re: Geegaw's pool 4-20-16

Oh, great! Then what I would do is work on your pH today to let the aeration bring it up to 7.2. Keep your FC around 7 for today, then do one more OCLT tonight, making sure you follow all the directions on the Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) page. With a CYA of 50, your SLAM FC level would be 20, so if you fail the OCLT tomorrow morning, you know to immediately take the FC up to 20.

Check back tomorrow and let us know how it all went and the condition of your water clarity. Hope that helps you. Have a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

The green might be from your well. If it is, then a sequestrant will be required as part of your pool routine. You may want to read Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains. But first we need to make sure your water is algae-free, then you can address metals.

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

d511868cec6c3d90147029e77391a360.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

You can stop now. The pH is good. I would still keep the FC slightly elevated today around 7 and do that OCLT this evening. The water just seems a bit cloudy to me. Even though your initial tests seemed to be fine, I can't help but wonder if it's just going to need some SLAMming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At first it is. Best to have a few gallons available - at least 5-6. With clouds slowly disappearing (for now), the sun will try to grab some FC while the water fights the rest. Eventually though, the pattern settles and become more predictable. The longer than SLAM, FC usage should start the stabilize and perhaps even reduce a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.