I have a small leak

May 4, 2009
Atlantic
Its where the pvc pipe comes out of the top of the pump. The guy that put it in used the pvc cement(i can see the purple dye on it). What are my options, would putting silcone around the fitting work or take it apart. If taking it apart is my only option how easy is to break the cement connection? Thanks

rgwp96 said:
Its where the pvc pipe comes out of the top of the pump. The guy that put it in used the pvc cement(i can see the purple dye on it). What are my options, would putting silcone around the fitting work or take it apart. If taking it apart is my only option how easy is to break the cement connection? Thanks

Is is the part that is screwed into the pump, or the part that is glued together? Either way if it is the pressure side you will need to cut the pipe, unscrew the fitting, either use pipe dope or teflon tape screw it back in and use a coupling to put the 2 pvc pipes back together.

If it is where the pipe is glued to the threaded portion you will need to do the same as above but replace the threaded portion and add a small piece of pipe.

mdhwoods said:
rgwp96 said:

Is is the part that is screwed into the pump, or the part that is glued together? Either way if it is the pressure side you will need to cut the pipe, unscrew the fitting, either use pipe dope or teflon tape screw it back in and use a coupling to put the 2 pvc pipes back together.

If it is where the pipe is glued to the threaded portion you will need to do the same as above but replace the threaded portion and add a small piece of pipe.

its the part thats screwed in. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.