Couple green algea spots

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
My water is clear and all Chemicals are what is recommended here.chlorine is 5 and no CC..
But I have seen 2 small ( 4" ) places that concerns me..I brushed them and it took some scrubbing to get it off..Should I shock it or leave it alone, we are having a bad pollen year so far and this is the first time I haven't watch it turn green over night :)
On a few side notes I did add Borax and do add a 60% algae treatment every week, just 4oz maint dose.

Thanks, the water is clear so they show up pretty easily..I will shock it and see it they come back. I have read some post about using liquid bleach vs shock powder, what works best?
Once the powder dissolves, the pool doesn't know where the FC came from. Do you have room to add more Calcium or Cyanuric Acid? If not, the just use bleach. Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.