trouble getting Jandy actuators to work with my Aqualink RS-8

Apr 5, 2016
Madison
I've just simplified my pool configuration down from two old pumps with separate heaters/filters to one new Jandy VSP for both the spa and pool. Everything is working great but I have run into trouble getting my new Jandy 2444 JVA to work with the Aqualink RS-8 Combo. If anyone has any ideas from their experience with this equipment it would be greatly appreciated. The JVAs, NeverLube valves and PCB are brand new. I have properly adjusted the cams for my Jandy valve configuration and am testing the JVAs prior to attaching them to the valves. The PVAs power up, move in each direction with switches On1 & On2 and automatically adjust to their default position . However, they will never move to the second position when choosing Spa Mode from the control app. I have them plugged into the JVA Intake and Returns ports on the PCB and the control app shows these JVAs as "USED" in the Assign JVA screen. Curiously, even if I unplug the JVAs, they still show up as "USED" on the Assign screen. I've also plugged them into the Cleaner and Solar JVA ports with no luck. Do I need to reset the PCB? Any ideas if I can test to see if the JVAs are defective? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

No I leave it in one of the On modes. Is the aqua link pcb supposed to automatically recognize the intake and return Jva connections? And if so, simply putting on Spa Mode is supposed to activate the Jva?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally figured out the problem. I didn't have the cams set up properly. It was either the relative positions of top and bottom were wrong or I hadn't pulled the shaft back up into place. I started from scratch and it all worked fine from there. Thanks for the support! It helps to know there is someone to ask to troubleshoot as Jandy just gave me the "we don't talk to homeowners about that stuff" line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.