Newly filled pool--advice on how to chemically balance?

Happy Sunday!

My husband and I decided to resurface our pool, which is currently in progress (being stripped right now) and will hopefully be ready to fill towards the end of the week. We decided to go with a PebbleSheen surface.

I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations/tips/FYIs for chemically balancing the pool once it is filled with new water. I've perused the internet to find info but have found nothing helpful, and should have just started here. Should we focus on balancing one element of the chemical make-up first? Should we add chemicals as the pool is filled (my husband asked this but it didn't sound like a good idea to me)? Anything we should be aware of that many people make not consider?

Also, we have been stocking up high-concentrated bleach, baking soda, etc. Still need to get muriatic acid and probably one or two things I can't think of off the top my head. Any help is much appreciated. We are looking forward to enjoying our pool this summer!

Your plaster folks should assist with the start-up and/or give you detailed instructions before leaving and cashing your check. :) I would recommend reading this Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page to be armed with the basic info and questions you may want to ask. But definitely follow their guidance for your warranty. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you will use quite a bit of acid in the next few months. So just be prepared for that as well and new plaster tends to raise pH quickly while it cures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.