Chlorine with colored plaster

tmas

Mar 3, 2010
Houston
I had my gunite pool replastered dark blue. I have been warned that I can't use certain types of chlorine or shock as it will "bleach" the finish. Can you help me to understand what I can and can not use?

Thanks!

There is a very short break-in period after plastering a pool (2-4 days perhaps) where you have to be careful about adding chlorine. But after that, it should be no problem. Often times people are warned about the use of chlorine when in reality it's not the chlorine itself, but the amount used based on the pool's current CYA level. If you look at the "Chlorine/CYA Chart" link below in my sig, you'll see the proper FC level based on your current CYA for both Non and SWG pools. That is KEY, not only for proper sanitation, but to ensure safe, quality use of chlorine for the pool and swimmers. I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to checkout the ABCs of Water Chemistry located at our Pool School page (link also below).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.