Apr 12, 2016
Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well after tons of research, one bad purchase, then lots of advice (and prodding ;-) ) here I went ahead and ordered the M500 Dolphin. The place I got it from did not have it in stock but its supposed to be at the store on Tuesday... cant wait to toss that guy in my pool Tuesday afternoon... I hope!

Very nice! To help pass the time look at the picture here and go to the website listed at bottom. Read all the segments and watch the videos. Should give you a good head start.

a89f3f5a1e0f5ac4178b93a0705b3600.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! Congrats on a very smart purchase. Sorry about the prodding, but I've been so happy with mine, I just want everyone else to have the same experience.

The prodding was fine, probably what I needed to get off the fence!
(im)Patiently awaiting the guy to call me and tell me its in!:cool:

Yes. Had a long conversation with a regional sales rep when I was buying mine- the only difference is the remote (so long as you're talking about the most recent models, not the M4). The hardware itself between the two without the remotes are identical- and the M400 of course can use the M500 remote if you wanted to buy it separately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After all the rain we just had in Houston, I woke up to find about 30-40 earthworms on the bottom of the pool. I knew the robot would probably get most of them, but after one cycle, I saw nary a worm remaining! A.O. did you pick your M500 up today?

After all the rain we just had in Houston, I woke up to find about 30-40 earthworms on the bottom of the pool. I knew the robot would probably get most of them, but after one cycle, I saw nary a worm remaining! A.O. did you pick your M500 up today?

No, I called at about 4;30 and it hadn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Can anybody tell me what voltage these run on please? I'm thinking I would like to buy one from the U.S at more than half the price to what they are here in Australia if the voltage is suitable.
Cheers,
John

Their documentation says 100-250v but I have no personal experience using these outside the US (and don't know if warranty coverage exists if you ship abroad).

Can anybody tell me what voltage these run on please? I'm thinking I would like to buy one from the U.S at more than half the price to what they are here in Australia if the voltage is suitable.
Cheers,
John

The label on my power supply that came with my Triton Plus says 100 - 250 VAC 50/60 Hz which is typical for a lot of switch mode power supplies. You would need an adapter to go from the North American style plug on the power supply to the Australia/China AS-3112 socket.

Dom,

I have the QC Shark Robot. It also has the rubber flaps. I had at least a solo cup of earth worms in the bottom [that I couldn't see bc the Houston rains darken the water w mud/mulch/etc runoff] leaves, mulch and other. In two runs [3-4 hrs each], the robot got it all...I did scoop a lot of the palm plant debris off the top of the water w the net inbtw the lightning shows...The main thing is to really clean the two filters so it can clean more effectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark, how far are you from cypress creek? this seems to be the epicenter of all the major flooding in NNW Harris Cty...glad to hear you only had earthworms

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.