Yucky things in skimmer

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
What are the tiny bugs in the picture and how do I get rid of them? They are very small yet fast and appear to only be in the skimmer out of the water.
IMG_6530.jpg

I don't have them on me (I don't think) and yet I still feel like I have things crawling all over me! :pale: Thanks!

Tell me about it! I really do live in the woods so there is no telling what type of bug it is. Mosquito, love bug (they just showed up), we have so many...

Can I spray lysol all over the skimmer? Or maybe use clorox wipes? I don't want to do anything to mess up my water.
Thanks!

We have these exact same bugs!! They weren't there 3 hrs ago.. we got a brief rain shower.. then they were there. Thousands of them!! Seems the skimmer sucked them up & the debris shield on our pump skimmer basket has them corralled for now. Gonna let the skimmers go a little longer then fish them out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.