timlab

Jul 11, 2015
Aiken SC
Got my new sand filter/motor from Intex up. First had to visit Lowes to add extensions to use the old water tubes plus the new ones. It really wasn't a problem. Only wish Intex would send you longer hoses to get to the pool. Anyway, last year when I was searching for a good sand filter, I found one, but asked someone from Amazon how much sand should I order. They told me 1 bag would be enough. I ordered two bags just to be on the safe side, and guess what, the tank holds 122lbs, so I'm short 22lbs to reach the min line. I order the bags from Amazon, and need to order another one. My question to the pro's out there, is, do I need to add the SAME sand or can I go down to my local pool store and pick up one of their bags. The sand I currently have inside the tank is called Pool Filter Sand #20 Grade Silica Sand - 50 lbs. pool sand.jpg.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.