help, return removal heard a pop.

conig

Apr 16, 2016
tallahassee
I bought one of those led return lights for my pool since it has no light. I tried to remove the inner socket of my return line to install it and it was sruck. I stuck a chisel into the groves and turned it counter clockwise with a crescent wrench. It was spinning with resistance but not coming out. I had a good 5-6 rotations on it when I heard a pop sound. I could tell the whole return was spinning. I had to realign it to put the cover that holds the liner down on. Should I have not removed the screws from the larger trim ring on the returns? Did I really screw something up? I still can't get the inner part of the jet out and would like to.

Not familiar with these, but I wanted to say hello, and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will see this, and have something to offer. Good to have you aboard, and we hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to TFP!

Sorry, I am not familiar with this issue either.

It might be helpful to somebody trying to help you if they know what kind of pool you have. Please add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. Also, please add your state or country to your location as climate is often an important factor when we help you with your pool. We don't want to assume you are in Tallahassee, GA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.