Jandy Actuator Issue??

Apr 16, 2016
Sanford, FL
I have a spa with spillover and noticed that it was draining at night below the jets. Had someone replace the check valve thinking it was leaking and that seemed to work but then the problem started up again shortly. It appears that the spa actuator is not rotating when the pump goes on/off and the only way to make it move is to move the toggle switch from 1 to 2. If I do that, the pool runs normally. The actuator turns and the jets work properly in the pool/spa. However, once the pump shuts off, the actuator doesn't move back like it should and the spa drains again until the next day. There is clearly power to the actuator and the toggle switch makes it move properly, so what could be going on? P.S. I'm not a pool guru, so speak to me like a small child. :) Thanks.

Jeremy

I'm not sure about this, but my theory is that there is a wire or connection issue. I would check the connections at both ends to make sure they are clean and then carefully check the wire to be sure it isn't cut or been snacked on by a mouse or something.

Welcome to TFP, small child! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.