Resilience SWG issue

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Hopefully someone will be familiar with this SWG and may be able to give me some input. When turned on, the control box will only stay lit up on the 10% light. I can't adjust the output any higher than that. Spoke with the rep and she said it was bc my salt level was low, which it was, it was at 1510. But my FC level was good, I think around 4, and my pool looks really good. So she recommended raising it to 3500 then I should be able to adjust the out percentage. I added a total of 7 bags of salt over a few days and got it back up to 3420. So I went try again to adjust the percentage level and still it won't go any higher than 10%. The cell looks to be in really great shape. And the unit does appear to be working, so I'm kinda baffled. You are suppose to be able to rotate the control know all the way clockwise to check your salt level to see if it's at 100%, but mine just goes from the light being on at 10%, then just going off when I turn it up. Any ideas on what's going on with it?

I called American SPS back today and asked them what the issue could be now that I know my salt level is good (3500), but I still can't adjust the percentage past 10%. The guy said it sounds like the cell may be going bad. Wants me to open it up and inspect the blades and see if any or shorter than the others. It's a 5 blade system (A5) and he said it's likely that the middle blade will be shorter. It will still work and produce chlorine supposedly, but just not as good and will eventually go out. Replacement cost is about $330.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.