Filter Bag setup for residential Swimming Pool

Apr 14, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Anyone here have experience with an industrial Bag Filter setup for home swimming pool filtering.
I'm thinking a 3 stage filter system starting with my existing Leaf-Vac® canister, VS Pump, followed by a 120 micron bag filter, followed by a 5 micron bag filter.

These are the type of bag filter housings I'm considering. Maybe a couple used #2 stainless housing's from eBay.
https://www.zoro.com/pentek-bag-filter-housing-carbon-steel-2-in-156116-75/i/G2200685/
I'm thinking disposable bags for 120 micron housing and cleanable on the 5 micron.

My 14 year old Hayward cartridge filter is on its last itchy fiberglass leg and I can't stomach another summer cleaning 4 pleated cartridge filters on a bi-weekly basis during monsoon season here in Arizona.

Going to the dentist is more fun.

Welcome to the forum Mesa Dude,

I've seen plenty of those in heavy industrial settings, but I didn't know they had them for residential use. I would suggest over sized sand or DE filters first, or way oversized carts if you prefer component setups. I just don't know much about those for pool use.

If I was considering one of those, I would absolutely stay away from any that had mild steel housings like that. That's what it says (Carbon Steel) but are these really for pools? I'm not so sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.