Adjusting Ph

Apr 15, 2016
Dothan
I Have a new pool no test kit yet (Friday) however pinch a penny tested my water 3 separate times and I have made some adjustments my question is this should I try to adjust everything at once or just one item at a time my plan is to bring up the ph with 20 mule team borax by 1/2 the recommended amount so I don't overshoot ( already did that with muratic acid was 8 now 6.8 also add 80 lbs of salt at the same time 3000 ppm ^ to 4000 ppm per tfp recommendations am I trying to do to much at one time or should I work one item at a time?
ttl clh*
free clh 5.0ppm
cc *
ph 6.8ppm
acid *
base 4
ttl alkalinity 70ppm
stabilizer 10ppm
ttl dissolved solids *
salt 3000

Welcome to TFP :)

You are on it, Your FC is a little high and will get used fast because of no CYA.. I would bring your ph up to 7.2 and then just stay where you are at until you get your test kit.. You (and us) will now much better what is going on then..

Welcome! :wave:

In case you haven't read enough here to know... we don't trust pool store results. Until you get your own test kit and your own test results, your best plan of action is to adjust pH and keep FC above 3. Except it's kind of hard to measure pH and FC without a test kit... You see how you're stuck in a loop.

Once you have a kit in your hands, all your adjustments can be done in a couple hours, and that's being generous with the time intervals between additions. So all you really want to do now is keep the pH from etching any metal parts in the pump or heater and keep enough FC to keep algae at bay. It's probably still too chilly to swim, so there's no big worries about adequate sanitation, just keep algae from starting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.