Waterfall Pump Controlled Thru ZWave

Apr 16, 2016
Goodyear
Hello,
I have an existing Paddock pool install at my house that was at one point wired for control of the waterfall via a X10 PAT01 controller . So the genius I am decided to remove that X10 unit when I moved in 3 years ago and the plan was to quickly replace it with a Zwave controller to interface with my Zwave install.

So fast forward 3 years and I'm looking in the existing electrical cabinet and can't remember for the life of me how the X10 PAT01 was hooked up. The pump as it is wired right now, simply goes from the waterfall pump into the electric pool panel with a separate yellow and brown lead -> to a 15 amp circuit breaker -> back to a separate yellow and brown lead to the pump.

I guess if anyone has had experience with the Paddock method of interfacing a pump to a PAT01- I would really appreciate the feedback- not because I'm going to re-hook up the PAT01, but rather it will offer a clue as to how I can drop a Zwave Module in replacement.

Ideally, if any Zwave folks out there can describe how to easily hook the waterfall up to a zwave interface- I would also like to hear about that as well. I was hoping to figure out a way to get the pump to interface with the GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Outdoor Module found here as it looks like about the right requirements: http://www.amazon.com/GE-Wireless-Lighting-Control-Outdoor/dp/B0013V8K3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460785405&sr=8-1&keywords=zwave+outdoor

TIA

Welcome to TFP :)

I went with Intermatic, it has the options to runmany options including below and it has Z-wave included in it and also a remote.. I have not connected the Z-wave yet but I did just get the samsung controller..

Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System for Variable Speed and Two-Speed Pumps - Sump Pump Accessories - Amazon.com

Controls variable speed pumps and two-speed pumps
Included wireless transmitter allows you to control your pool or spa while relaxing in your backyard
Control 5 generic loads for single and two-speed filter pumps, cleaner pumps, pool lights, spa lights, landscape lights, fountains and water features
Enclosure for use as wiring compartment
For 120 or 240 Volt applications

Hope this helps :)

Paddock Pools manufactures commercial pool equipment. This site has mostly residential pool owners with a few folks from the industry. Its doubtful you are going to get an answer on here but possible. All the pool automation systems are designed differently and the best persons to answer questions are folks with install experience and attendance at the specific manufacturers trains sessions. We just don't have that many members who fit that profile for Paddock.

So for a solution I would call the customer service line at Paddock. Because X-10 is slowly dying (I can already feel the knives of the X-10 lovers stabbing me) I suspect you are not the first to want to do this.

But if you don't get an answer bump this up a few times and one of the experts might be able to help.

Thanks for the recommendation, and I was actually looking at that unit but wasn't sure if it would fit my needs. I have (2) 1.5hp cleaner pumps and the (1) 1hp waterfall pump. Is this unit going to handle all 3 pumps and hopefully a 500w light? Currently both pumps are going to individual intermatic mechanical timers if that matters. I also have some low voltage lighting which is on a separate controller- so not sure if I would route thru this unit.

Is it difficult to get to interface with a zwave controller (I have the micase vera lite unit)?

Actually the more I thought about it, the better it would be have to have all pumps on a zwave system so as I can easily modify schedules which would be ideal. Can you share with me any gotcha's or hookup issues you've come across?

Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

Is your pool in the blimp? :) LOL!

I'm so dense- that one took me awhile. I always think of tires with Goodyear. LOL.

I had heard that Paddock folded over the last couple of years- not sure exactly when but I guess they ran into some customer sat issues here in AZ and weren't completing jobs etc.. It's kind of too bad as this pool I have seems to be working pretty well. The only issue I seem to be running into is the pop ups seem to be worn out- which I guess will happen, but not sure if and why I need to replace the whole popup body rather than just a spring? At any rate, I appreciate the feedback :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.