Booster pump buusssted.

XSurfX

Sep 15, 2015
Orlando, FL
labled setup.jpgHey all,

I had a booster pump added in the initial plumbing to help with the water features and my 60" spillway.
The 2nd pump is a 2speed 2HP, and was originally plumbed to be spa only20160201_151703_resized.jpg

Because the potential 4HP flow through the cartridge would have harmed it, they replumbed to the 2nd pump now just has a closed loop with the spa (non heated, non filtered) 20160414_134658_resized.jpg

Because of the check valve to the right of the main pump, the 2nd pump can only get water from the spa. It's return also only goes to the spa.

I have several other water features on the pool side that I'd like to power, and I'd also like to be able to get more push for the spillway. Currently at max power on the VS pump, the water is hitting the side mid face. It's cool, but I want it to sheer off.

Current setup: labled setup.jpg

I'm thinking about removing the check valve to the right of the VS pump, but I'd also need to adjust the actuator. Could I setup the GVA-24 for a 3 port, and close the spa suction so the spillway gets both pumps? I'd also like to be able to use the 2nd pump for the pool side. Where would be the best place for it to enter? After my SWG? Since there's a check valve after the 2nd pump, what's the purpose of the check valve in-between the 2 pumps (the one I want to disable)?

most spa's are at a higher level than the pool and that check valve stops the water draining from your spa back into the pool..

most spa's are at a higher level than the pool and that check valve stops the water draining from your spa back into the pool..

True. If I put an actuator on the spa suction, then that could solve that issue right? I'm at my limit of 8, but who needs a bubbler anyways???

Any thought on how to plumb the 2nd pump into the generalized return so I could select Pool or Spa with it? Apparently can't add before the filter...would increased flow into the SWG affect things, or many find a way to plumb after?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.