hayward heater vent

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I am regretting buying this heater 2 years ago but stuck with it..Won't get into why I had to spend $100 on a new control board after a year..Problem is the vent is under a house eve, maybe 6 ft up, but the exhaust smell gets trapped and stinks..I refuse to pay $180 for a piece:mad: of sheet metal so wondering if anybody has made a vent..It's outside so if it isn't 100% sealed no big deal, just want to redirect the exhaust away and behind the house.

Best and easiest thing to do, pull the unit out from under the eve. Extend everything. Far less than $180.

Control boards on these units are a huge issue.

The way my pool pad is setup I can't really move it..I did order a small fan I am going to mount and have it blow the fumes away from the sitting area. Yea I wish I had done more research on this heater first, I bought it off amazon and saved a lot of money but having to spend $100 is crazy after a year..I did make a tarp that covers the control pad and might help keep the water off it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.