Liner pulling from wall

Apr 4, 2016
Grimsby Ontario
Not sure if this is the right place for this question..

Concrete pool, vinyl liner-- the white molding is pulling away from the wall a bit- I noticed two spots on the radii of the pool. Thoughts? did water get in behind and freeze and pull from the wall... do i just caulk it for now? or do I fix it some other way?

Is your vinyl attached to the molding? Is it attached to a metal track just below? Can we get a picture? I think what you are talking about is the coping or top edge cover of the pool. How the liner is attached is important in the repair so a picture would be good.

View attachment 46642View attachment 46643 the liner is attached to the white molding... that is a Canadian Quarter beside the crack in the first picture...it is the same size as an American, it is only worth 30% less- LOL... it seems that there is a metal brackets behind the white molding.. not to sure. I have been told that this pool was not always vinyl. that it developed cracks and the cracks were repaired, and the liner was added after that...so it maybe some kind of retrofit situation

the second picture was taken to document the colour of the pool when I flip the mesh cover back, but you might be able to see the liner and the molding in it..
Thanks

Had a local pool guy look at it - he said the pool wall has seperated from the liner- he is calling it cosmetic at this point, and will fix it later in the year with some epoxy cement mixture...

I am thinking that I will rebuild the the rotting timber retaining wall that holds the earth around that end of the pool to hold it in place...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.