Help Adding a "to waste/drain" to plumbing

Jul 4, 2010
Apopka, Fl
Split by moderator from HERE. I think this is going to warrant a discussion, so it should be in your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

Hello All,
I have a CC 100 Cartridge filter in my plumbing system. I'm thinking of using the drain plug on the cartridge filter as a drain for my pool. I'm getting tired of dragging out the sump pump.

This is my idea:
1. Remove drain plug at the bottom of the cartridge filter canister. Its 1.5 inches threaded.
2. Thread in an adapter or coupling to 1.5 pvc.
3. Then a shut off valve then a 1.5 drain pipe.
4. When I need to drain down the pool open the shut off valve and turn on the pool pump.

Is there a reason this wouldn't work or shouldn't be done that way.
I think this would be easier than cutting into the plumbing.

Thanks in advance
Bob
I like it and would like to do the same but my drain plug at the bottom is being used by my pool heatpump...any suggestions? I do have a hose bib i'm using now but is very slow and a pain to keep hooking and unhooking to store. Need a more permanent solution.

I am going to need some explanation (pictures?) on why your heat pump is hooked up to your filter drain plug?

The drain is on the dirty side of the filter cartridge, so if you are feeding the heater from that, you are sending dirty water through the heater and back to the pool. Unless you are returning the water from the heater to the filter. If the later, it would be pretty easy to add a T and plumb the heater in correctly. Then you could use the above described method of hooking up a drain line.

This is all it would allow me to post...hope it helps. As you can see my filter is going to my heat pump,if this is bad I don't know. And my drain hose bib (very weak) is coming out of my pump. I want to hard plumb a line to my driveway 65' away with good flow...thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.