Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: part of the liner is coming loose

1. Back To Top    #1

part of the liner is coming loose

There is a small section, maybe 2 inches where the liner has come loose from the edge of the pool (in the deep end). Is there advise on how to handle this?
    Pam
    approx. 30000 gallon IG 40x20 vinyl pool w/ cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: part of the liner is coming loose

Push it back in. If it keeps coming out, there are ways to deal with it. It will go back easier when it's hot out.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Push it back in. If it keeps coming out, there are ways to deal with it. It will go back easier when it's hot out.
    I am just curious, because my liner is doing that in places also. What other ways are there to deal with it? It seems to be very hard to pull it up enough to tuck it back in easily.
    vinyl IG 18x36 HP pump sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

It isn't usually especially easy to get it back in the track, but it can be done, especially when the weather is very warm. Once you have it back in the track you can use liner lock, or pennies, to wedge it into the track so it won't come out again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi folks, my advice on getting a liner back into it's track is here.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)