stains on pool floor and walls

Mar 7, 2016
Arlington tx
We bought our house with the pool about 2 years ago. The pool hand not been maintained very well. Its a plaster pool and the plaster has some etching. I know its going to need redone in a few years. The pool floor and walls are stained with algae. I have brushed with my pool brush, but no luck getting them off. I even tried a wire brush on one spot on the wall. It helped a bit, but it didn't all come off. I had the bottom fall of my floating cholrinator and the 3 inch tablets laid on the pool floor. Where they dissolved I have nice clean circles. Is there a fix for this other than draining the pool and doing an acid wash?

The fact that the trichlor puck removed the stain indicates that it is an organic source. Normally, elevating your chlorine level close to shock level for your CYA for a couple of weeks and brushing as often as you can will clear up the stains. Chlorine CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.