20'-25' pool recommendations?

Apr 14, 2016
Bellmawr NJ
Hi,
I just purchased my home and I'd like to get a pool for my kids, 10 and 12. Being a single parent, I'd like to keep it reasonable. Financing would be ideal, but not necessary. Never having anything besides an Intex pool, I don't know much about them. I found this site, Best Above Ground Swimming Pools | Liners | Accessories, which seems reasonable. But, I really don't know the quality differences between the models. I have had a few Intex pools at my old place when the kids were younger. I'd like to step up to a real pool. Any recommendations or suggestions from the veterans on here? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Go for it! The ones with resin rails last longer and are more expensive. I've found the wider the top rail, the stronger they are. Also, shop around, I would rather buy pool only and get my equipment seperately.

I have a 26' Intex. My SIL next door has a 27' AGP. When you are in them, they are comparable. The SIL remarked that my water was actually deeper than her, due to her skimmer. My other SIL, who has been in both, remarked that when you are in them, there's no difference. Other than a couple thousand dollars. Oh, and the clarity of the water, ha ha. We added a deck to ours.

Mind if I ask why? I've had Intex pools. Now that I have a yard appropriate for one (privacy fence, large, nice deck), I'd like to get a pool. My kids absolutely love to swim all the time!

I must have misunderstood your first post which said, .Never having a pool, I don't know much about them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bigger is usually better. With cost in mind, IMO I think they would like a larger Intex pool (Ultra Frame) than a smaller "permanent" above ground pool.
I would just suggest an equipment upgrade on the Intex.

But, it really comes down to what you want, like if you want something that looks more permanent.

Bigger is usually better. With cost in mind, IMO I think they would like a larger Intex pool (Ultra Frame) than a smaller "permanent" above ground pool.
I would just suggest an equipment upgrade on the Intex.

But, it really comes down to what you want, like if you want something that looks more permanent.
There's already an area where the previous owner had a pool at one time. Saw the satellite picture on Google Earth. It's roughly 20'.

We do not know your wallet size LOL................

I have resin uprights, top rails, bottom tracks on my above ground pool without any problems since I have had it.

Go as big as you can. NO one has ever said.........oh I wish I had a smaller pool but plenty have said "I wish my pool were bigger".

It would not hurt to check into a fiberglass pool if for no other reason than to see if it fits your wallet.

In the long run I think you should go with the biggest "permanent" pool you can be it above ground or in ground. It will last longer.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.