New Pool Build in MA!

Finally! Granite coping and patio are in. Here are the pics:

IMG_1133_zpsspiwlhoy.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1132_zpsitd0uksv.jpg
[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out that once the Pebble Sheen is applied (on Tuesday), and the water delivered (on Wednesday), we can't actually swim in the pool for 1-2 weeks while the Pebble Sheen hardens. I don't recall reading anything about this. We're also not supposed to vacuum or heat the pool for 2-weeks -- which is fine. I'm surprised we can't swim, however. Bummer. Looking at a gorgeous pool filled with water for 2-weeks in a heat wave is not going to be fun! What's the deal with this? Is it common?

I have PebbleSheen and I didn't have to wait that long. I believe I could have gotten in the next day, but I didn't because it was too cold. Yes, you do need to wait 14 days for the heater and 28 days for salt, if applicable. Of course, you need to do what the PB says since he holds the warranty card. But, look at the PebbleTec site and see what you can find and then ask why especially if it doesn't say so (I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

As for the vacuuming most of the time they mean you cannot use one with wheels. The manual vacuums have "brushes" on the bottom so should be okay to use IF your PB okays it. We do NOT want to mess with your warranty.

Ask him what kind of start up he is doing. If he is doing one like JamieP did then the no swimming is correct. It is better for the plaster in the long run but like you said.........waiting to swim :rolleyes: LOL

Kim:cat:

As for the vacuuming most of the time they mean you cannot use one with wheels. The manual vacuums have "brushes" on the bottom so should be okay to use IF your PB okays it. We do NOT want to mess with your warranty.

Ask him what kind of start up he is doing. If he is doing one like JamieP did then the no swimming is correct. It is better for the plaster in the long run but like you said.........waiting to swim :rolleyes: LOL

Kadison came a day early and the pool now has Pebble Sheen! I asked about the "no swimming," and the said it's fine to swim -- but not to use the heat pump and no vacuuming for 2-weeks. But swimming is fine -- yay. Some pictures of today's Pebble Sheen application. I'll post more pics tomorrow after they do the acid wash. Three truckloads of water coming in the afternoon!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1149_zpsldipeht6.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1151_zpsqjdkat6l.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1160_zpsjkwc7dll.jpg
[/URL]

Looks great! Now the fun part!! Oh, and just curious, does your Rhodesians like water?? I have one that's 1 1/2 years old and he HATES the water! He loved the tanning ledge before water, but now won't get near it!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OH happy day! You got plastered! SWEET!

Now my pressie to you! The links I give new pool owners to help them take care of their own pool the TFP way!

Now this first one you have to show to your PB and get his thoughts. HE holds the warranty card. Please note you CAN swim after plaster IF you PB okays it. We are working on changing that bit of info.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Looks great! Now the fun part!! Oh, and just curious, does your Rhodesians like water?? I have one that's 1 1/2 years old and he HATES the water! He loved the tanning ledge before water, but now won't get near it!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have had Ridgebacks for 25-years. I've yet to meet one who like the water, even though I've seen pictures of Ridgebacks swimming. I'd like to know where these Ridgebacks come from, because I've yet to meet one in person who likes the water. My 4-month old male RR puppy hates the rain so much he pooped in the house the other day when it was raining -- even though he's been reliably housebroken for a month now! My 5-year old female will go into water up to her belly, but she that's as far as she'll go. Frontgate makes doggie floats and I'm thinking of getting one. Perhaps I can train the RRs to get on the floats providing they can do it without getting wet!

- - - Updated - - -

Water going in!

IMG_1181_zpsuwaht1kw.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1184_zpsantfe77j.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1199_zpssul6efak.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorgeous! 42' is long but it looks 62' in that one shot. I'm sure you are loving it.

I have PebbleSheen and I didn't have to wait that long. I believe I could have gotten in the next day, but I didn't because it was too cold. Yes, you do need to wait 14 days for the heater and 28 days for salt, if applicable. Of course, you need to do what the PB says since he holds the warranty card. But, look at the PebbleTec site and see what you can find and then ask why especially if it doesn't say so (I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

My PB wants me to wait 28-days to use both the heat pump and the vacuum -- and the salt. He only has me checking the PH and the Alkalinity right now. I'm following his directions, as I'm having some issues with the coping -- and I want to make sure I do everything according to the book so that my PB can figure out what's going on. In terms of the coping, I will post the pics regarding that, below.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the pool looks big in the pictures, but in real life, it looks sorta small. When you get in and swim in it, it doesn't feel small but when you look at it at eye level, it looks a lot smaller than 42" long. I measured -- and it is 42" -- so no mistakes!

OK -- so on the first day of swimming, I noticed rust spots underneath the coping in some areas. It looks as though when the coping (flat rocks), get wet, they seep a mineral and the mineral is staining the concrete and the tiles. I need to speak with the PB on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend, but I am not happy. I'm worried that the rock coping will always do this and it's going to turn into a maintenance nightmare. Any advice? Or will this stop happening after a while?

IMG_1225_zpsdjtxizad.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1226_zpsnrjkqdit.jpg
[/URL]

That is disappointing.... Sorry that you are having this issue... Did the builder recommended to seal the granite coping?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We only have the granite coping on 1/4 of the pool and no, he did not recommend sealing it (we also have a granite deck, which he also didn't say needed sealing). What seem to be leaking and causing the staining are the fieldstone rocks, which are the coping for the majority of the pool. Has anyone ever seen something like this happen before? I'm very upset and worried....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.