Hayward Naviagator quits working after 30 minutes

Jun 12, 2007
I have a hayward navigator that quits working after 30 minutes. I have left it in overnight and when I look at in the morning it is the same place where it was the night before. The wings aren't moving. If I unplug the vacuum hose and them plug it back it, it will move again for a while.

Last year Leslie's worked on it a couple of times. Once time they even part something on backwards and I took it back and they fixed it.

I am not the expert at the navigator, but have heped re-build a few after our baby girl (terrier) tore the wings of of our old one. Sounds like the spring/roller area may not be working right, try moving the individual parts, if you find one that does not move as it should go to Leslies for a replacement part. We found that is was more cost effective to rebuild the navigator ourselves since our "angel" girl kept tearing the pool bunny apart. Her is a site for a schematoc:

(http://www.poolpartsonline.com/pm-71-4- ... parts.aspx)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.