Pool Re-plaster - Los Angeles

dmoo4u

Apr 13, 2016
Los Angeles
Hi Everyone -

I am in the process of having my inground pool replastered, as well as having the copper plumbing replaced, new skimmer, and new pump installed and relocating the existing steps. The demo, plumbing, skimmer, and pump have been installed and they are in the process of adding the new steps before they start the plaster. I have a couple of questions about the process they are using to build the steps. They started forming the steps using cinderblocks, rebar, and concrete. They are about halfway done and we realized the top step was going to be too small, so we asked our contractor about making it bigger. He said he could, and he would do it the same day they are replastering the pool by using cinder blocks, rebar, and then using the plaster to fill it in. I questioned why he wasnt going to use concrete and he said he could if we wanted but it would take more time for the concrete to harden. He said the plaster is actually stronger than the concrete so we wont have any kind of structual problems and that they normally dont do that because the plaster is more expensive than concrete. So my question is, is this correct? Should i be concerned about the structual integrity of these steps? For what its worth, a large portion of the steps have been filled with concrete, it will just be the top step and bottom step that are made from the cinder block ,rebar, and filled with plaster.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.