Skimmer Issues

Apr 13, 2016
Naples, FL
I just bought a home that was built in 1996. I do not know much about how the skimmer works other than it is suppose to have suction. Mine does not. There are 2 capped pipes inside the skimmer hole. The filter works fine but there are 6 jets and the one next to the skimmer and the one across from the skimmer do not work. the others work great. Any information on what I need to do would be great.

Thank you

Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to TFP. :wave: So if the skimmer has both holes plugged, you must have a second skimmer or main drain correct? I'm assuming that's how you are able to continue to move water at the moment. It's not uncommon to have 2 holes in a skimmer with only one operational, but for the 2nd one to be plugged leads me to believe it may have been plugged because of a previous leak.

Also, for the two "jets" that are not working ... is it possible they are not jets but actually something else (i.e. dedicated suction line, etc)? Looking to learn any details we can to help you. Feel free to post a pic or two of your equipment which might help. Great to have you join us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.