SLAM w/k2005 test kit?

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Is this possible? I don't have the other (better) kit. I appreciate and am aware of the need to get the additional test (FD?), but my am curious if it is possible.

Thanks to all responses, including those whose response is - just go get the other kit :)

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

If you can get just the FAS/DPD chlorine test that will allow you to test the higher chlorine levels you need to complete a slam. You can try and use dilution to get an estimated FC level but it won't be very accurate.

The normal answer is no, but you're in Canuckistan where decent test kits at reasonable prices are hard to find. There was one recent thread where someone found a source for Taylor test reagents up your way. Water testing Reagents Canada

Going back a bit... I posted this a while ago based on my own observations. Blinding yellow is about 10. School bus yellow is about 12-13. Hunter orange is around 18, up around 25 it starts to look pumpkin orange. I never went any higher than that, but it's been reliably reported that it eventually will turn brown if you get high enough.

Thanks both. Will see if I can mess around with it. May test a few colours with known chlorine concentrations or something along those lines...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.