HELP!!! Can't get mutiport valve to go all the way down on sand tank!

Apr 16, 2013
Eatonton Georgia
It only goes so far down and stops! There is about a 3/8 inch gap or more. I decided to deep clean my filter and now can't get it to go all the way back down. I'm lining it up with the standpipe and everything. I'm afraid to try to force it down for fear of breaking something. I've already pushed down on it pretty hard!

I got it to go down finally. I had to use a little tiny bit of baby oil as a lubricant but I don't think it's going to hurt anything. As for me, I'm pretty sore today, especially around my mid section because I was leaning down and pushing hard on it. Anyway, filter seems to be working fine, even better than before. I still have a light green tinge to my water but I'm still losing chlorine overnight so I'm keeping the SLAM going. I'm also going to add the D.E. that I bought just trying to make the filter as efficient as possible. I'll be happier when the water clears but for now I'm doing alright. Thanks for asking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.