Pool Remodel in Central Florida

Although I am a little behind I figured I would start this to help anyone else with questions. The pool we had was plaster and info listed in my signature is what we are having done. We had glass block as the spillway you will notice I already took that out. In case your wondering we are installing all new Jandy equipment filter, variable speed pump, and swg once the pool cures. Also installing Pentair Intellibrite 5 g color lights. Pool finish will be Stonescapes Tropics blue we seemed to like the blue color and the fact that it has the shell added to it. Also going with 1x1 glass tile NPT Soleil Cleo blue for inside of pool and spa and using a stacked stone around the raised spa for a look that will match the new spillway. Decided we didn't want any tile on the steps since we prefer the natural look. I have elected to purchase the equipment and lights myself. I also will build our spillway since we couldn't really explain what we were looking for. I plan on using stone to create a natural waterfall look. This is what it looked like before we started and I will update with pictures as we go.

OK so we added the swim out in the deep end which I found odd because this pool never had one or a ladder. Also added a seat for the parents/swimout for my 2 year old son since we are doing home swimming lessons for him thought it would be more of a convenience. I had them shoot the spillway with a slant since that is the way most pictures online seemed to have started for the look we are going for. Here are the pics

Well this spillway was a little more then I wanted to take on but this is almost done fitting. Im going to chip out some of the concrete to make room for the top. Think I am going to use some of the smaller and thinner pieces.

I forgot to take a picture after I got done mortaring them together and they just did the bond coat but you can sort of see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost forgot about the lights. I pulled the new ones through the conduit and had a hard time getting them to fit. I had pac-fab niches with hayward lights in them. The pool light kinda fit and the spa light would not fit. After about a week of going back and forth on possibly selling them on ebay and getting different lights I found out they make mud rings you can use over your niche. Wish I would have known but if your refinishing and doing some work yourselves I would recommend speaking up and asking more questions. Certainly would have saved some time and headaches. Picked these up for about 35 a piece at supply house and used some hydraulic cement to hold them in place until the finish goes on. Lights now fit with no issues. I did however have to repull the wire since I couldn't get the rings over the light itself, luckily I still had the old wire hooked to the new wire.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife wanted to so i let her pour a pitcher of water. I told her it is too late now it is what it is. The bottom stone sits about 4 inches above the waterline and I am sure pump speed will effect it depending on what it is doing. Moving on to get the equipment in. I will have to try and upload a video of it once it is all done.

Wow! This will look great.p when done. Is it really that easy to add seating to an existing pool??? I assmed you would have to tie it into the shell with rebar and get a gunite truck out. I would LOVE to add seating to our very very boring 1988 pool when we redo the coping, tile and finish.

Wow! This will look great.p when done. Is it really that easy to add seating to an existing pool??? I assmed you would have to tie it into the shell with rebar and get a gunite truck out. I would LOVE to add seating to our very very boring 1988 pool when we redo the coping, tile and finish.

Look at post #5 and you will see they did use wire and it looks like it is drilled into the gunite. I am not sure what they put over it.

LOL us girls sure do thing alike! LOL Pouring water over the waterfall to see what it will look like! PRETTY!

Kim

Here is the finish going on will be back tomorrow to wash and fill. and yes they do drill rebar into pool and bond the new rebar to the old rebar with a copper wire. Also curious to see how the shell looks after didn't understand that they cast it in by hand versus mixing with the interior.

Beautiful Remodel.

Your original photos bring back memories of the pool I had in Punta Gorda, FL from 1993 to 2000. In fact I had the exact border tile you had and a round spa with a glass block spillover.

If I still had that pool your remodel would have inspired me to remodel too. I did like the spa light shining through the glass spillover but the looks and sound of the new spillway would definitely be the look today.

I also didn't have a paver deck so I would have had more to do.

Anyway I'm in the Orlando area now with a new pool under construction. New Pool - Orlando Florida I have many of the new features available today but decided not to have a Spa. If I really want one I have a second covered Lanai where I can add a portable spa.

Again, enjoy your New remodeled pool. Look great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.