Sand in the sediment window

It's not unusual for a little sand, even a tiny bit of filter sand to settle out there on backwashing. You want the water to be clear and clean in the sight glass to indicate you got a good backwash. If you're that full something isn't right. Do you mean it's half full of pool filter sand, or dirt that gets in your pool? If it's all filter sand, you may have over-filled the filter. Just a guess without more info.

I recently installed an Intex sand filter and have the same problem. On the first backwash a huge amount of sand flooded the site glass. I back washed for a while and have back washed once more since then, without it clearing the glass of the sand. My guess is the large amount of loose sand that got flung around during initial back wash. This evening I plan on removing the site glass and emptying the sand from it, and I don't expect toto have that large amount on the next backwash.

I to have an intex sand filter. Sand builds up in my sight glass also. In mine, it is less than a teaspoon though, just barely enough to notice anything. On mine, even after a good rinse cycle its still there. To me its not much to worry about. And unless you have your backwash port hooked up to pvc and you can't see the water coming out, I don't even know why there is a sight glass there? I like looking at the water coming out the end of the hose, not a tiny little bubble of a sight glass.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.