Wet Edge Satin Matrix in New Orleans?

Mar 2, 2016
New Orleans
I know this is a long-shot, but wondering if anyone on here happens to be in the New Orleans area and has Wet Edge Satin Matrix (or knows of anyone who does)?

We are in the midst of a new pool build and are very interested in Wet Edge, but there is only one installer here in this area, so it's not super prevalent. We were initially drawn to the Luna Quartz, but met with the installer and he is actually offering a few of the Satin Matrix finishes for like the same price as the Luna Quartz at the moment, so the part of me that always likes a good deal is like, how could we pass that up, but my wife has serious concerns about the texture of the Satin Matrix, worries that it will be too rough for her, she really likes a smooth surface.

Thus I was hoping we could at least see a pool with Satin Matrix installed, to see what it is actually like in a pool, so she could get a feel for it, but unfortunately the installer could not find anyone right in this area that has it (he said something about most of his work being through contractors, and thus he doesn't have access to those pools, which I wasn't really clear on).

My understanding is that they are both good products, and I'm sure we'll be happy with the Luna Quartz (in fact, my wife will probably be happier with that, which is all that really matters, right?), but I feel like I just want to cover my bases, don't want to give up the Satin Matrix option without seeing a pool that has it.

So if by chance anyone is in this area and has it, or knows of someone that does, I would be most appreciative if you would get in touch. Thanks so much in advance!

Have they shown you sample swatches? You should be be able to tell a lot from that, but if they did, maybe that's why she's worried? If so, and she doesn't like rougher surfaces she won't likely be persuaded with a "real" installed situation. Perhaps, but even the tiny pebbles are rougher. The builder should be able to reference you to a pool...unless he hasn't done one in the SM finish.

Yes, we have the samples. And yes, I think that is her concern, based on the feel of the samples. So perhaps you are correct, but I thought if we were able to walk in a pool with it, might be a little different than just running hand along sample (honestly, I kinda like the feel of it).

That seems to be the issue - there's just this one installer, so there's not a lot of Wet Edge around here, and seems he may not have done one in SM.

Thanks for the reply.

Huh, interesting, Amanda, thanks for sharing.

This is SO frustrating - there are definitely pools here that have the Satin Matrix, but because we are working with the plaster guy directly, not the pool builders that have installed those pools, apparently they won't let us see them (must be incredibly frustrating for him too). So seems that we are not going to be able to see a pool with Satin, but it's OK, because my wife really does not like it, really prefers the Luna Quartz.

The only wrinkle is that the upcharge on Primera Stone is much less than I thought, at least for one of the finishes (only about $1k more than Luna Quartz), so now I am considering that. The wife is still skeptical, but I tell her we have to at least consider it (my understanding is it's a far superior product - but then again, I saw one thing that said someone said it stains, but who knows).

So certainly interested in any thoughts re Luna Quartz vs Primera Stone.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.