Ground prep question

Mar 16, 2015
Winfield, KS
With our Intex pool we weren't as picky about the site prep as we should have been, but this time we are going to try to do it right.
When we ordered the pool last Sunday we were told 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. Well, yesterday I get a notice that it will be her Friday so it's time to get busy.
I've watched a few videos on YouTube and they are mostly the same, although I did see one the used a thin layer of crushed limestone under the pool. So my question to the forum is this: put the pool directly on soil (loam/clay), use a thin layer of crushed limestone or similar?
TIA,
Greg

I would get the base soil as level as possible using landscaping leveling tools. Then a thin layer of sand or other base material that's not jagged, also leveled and compacted is best. There are many ways to do it from very basic as I described to more elaborate methods. If you use the search box and search for "leveling pool" or similar terms, you'll get quite a few good discussions here on the site. Good luck!

Good luck with the ground prep, in my signature is my intex install with allot of pictures that you might find useful. The ground prep depends on what you currently have at the pool site (Allot of rocks, sloping site etc ...) The foam pad I used on the most recent install was great. I wish I would have done it with all my intex pools, just makes a nice surface but not necessary. The leveling of the ground is the most important!!!! Take your time in leveling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.