Why does Pentair 2 VST pump turn off when heater reaches desired temperature?

eostrike

Silver Supporter
Mar 14, 2016
Chino Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Why does my Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump shut off when heater reaches its set temperature? Pentair’s automation team said that is not normal and had me make sure my Man Heat was set to on. They said if it is shut to off the pump will turn off when the heater turns off. In my case this is not true.

If I set the heater to 85 the pump will shut off when the water reaches 85. If I raise the temperature to 90 the heater will kick back on and the pump will once again shut off when the heater reaches 90.

I feel there is a setting incorrect or maybe something else is wrong as when the pump shuts off so do the bubbles in the spa.

I am hoping that someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction. I will call Pentair back again in a few days and see what they say for the second time.

Yeah, what Pool Clown said. It sounds like your system is automated to kick the pump on when the heater needs to run to increase your pool's temp. And when it's done, since it isn't set to be on, it turns it off. Are you certain your timer is set to have the pump on during the times when your heater is done heating?

Thank you guys for your input, you were both correct but I had no clue how to resolve. I just got off the phone with Pentair support for the second time in two weeks. This guy was knowledgeable and knew exactly what was going on. The pool company that installed our pool forgot to add the "SPA" mode in the Easytouch. He programmed the Spillway, Pool, Heater, Cleaner but forgot to program Spa. The support member told me that when the heater is called the pump will be on as it is set for 2800 RPM's and when the heat was at its set temp everything turns off as the Spa was not set to come on. Sounds logical and I could not figure this out for the life of me. Looks like I will be out in the spa again tonight to test this out. It was a little embarrassing when our guests were over a few weeks ago and it keeps shutting down and then us looking stupid why the bubbles are off.

Hopefully this will help someone else out one day if they have the same issue.

Again thanks for your comments, I will post an update once I try it out this evening.

My issue has been resolved with the help of Pentair's support member. Too bad the guy that programmed the easy touch missed an important step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.