Thank you!

JSlabotsky

Jul 28, 2014
Piedmont, OK
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes to the forum. I rarely post because nearly all my questions as a relatively new pool owner have already been answered.

I'm opening the pool for my third season (second full season since completion). When the pool was first started I followed the PBs method. A few weeks in I discovered TFP and quickly became a convert. Last season was all BBB (well, 2 out of 3) and went great. I think I've posted my story before, but starting with last year's closing I swore off having the pool builder do anything I can do myself and have not regretted it.

Over the winter I snagged a never-installed Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG off Craigslist, complete with the box, manual and all the small parts, for a stupid good price. So last weekend I installed it and started to open the pool. The water looked good when I first took the cover off, and the testing numbers weren't too bad, either. Threw in 7 bags of salt in the pool, waited an appropriate amount of time for stable salinity readings, and fired up the SWG on Sunday around mid day. Since then it's gotten from 0 FC to about 3.8 just from running the SWG. And that was with about a 10 hour break in the middle. (I turned off the breaker to the equipment during some thunderstorms because, with my luck, something would have gotten fried.)

Now all my numbers look good and I'm mainly watching the FC level to fine tune the SWG percentage. The water looks as good as it ever has. If I'd known it would be this easy to sort out I wouldn't have opened so early, but now I don't have to worry about being ready.

Anyway, the point is I figured out how to do all this because of the information here at TFP. And following the methods recommended here have made taking care of the pool as easy as can be. Thanks!

You are very welcome and we're glad you are benefitting from the great knowledge-base that is offered here.

One way to show you value TFP is to become a supporter. None of us who moderate or advise on this forum are paid. This forum exists solely to make the lives of pool owners trouble free. All of our content is freely accessible to the entire internet and there is no pay-wall here at all. So, the best way you can say thanks is to become a supporter to show others how much you value TFP and to help us keep this forum free for all who come to us.

Have an excellent swim season!!

Matt

That is awesome to hear, I am very happy you found us :) crazzzy storm the other night huh.. 60 mph sustained straight winds...

That is awesome to hear, I am very happy you found us :) crazzzy storm the other night huh.. 60 mph sustained straight winds...

Yeah, that was pretty bad. On TV they were showing gusts of 100+ on radar down your way if I remember right. We lucked out and all the really strong winds went north and south of us. Unfortunately the 30-40 MPH sustained winds from most of the previous week really did a number on my roof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.